- On April 21st Dunn's Corners FD participated in scenario-based training at the Union Burn Building. Scenarios included search & rescue, fireground communications, multiple fire strategies, and ladder/tower operations.
Thank you Union Fire Department for a great training & allowing us to use their training facility.
- On Friday, April 26, the Dunn's Corners Fire Department responded with at least 12 other departments to a brush fire in Bradford. It is estimated tha approximately 19 acres burned. ... (Full Story & Photos)
- In this video Prince Georges County (Maryland) Fire Chief Marc Bashoor vividly and eloquently describes the roles of the firefighter AND the non-firefighter in making our communities safe from fire. Please watch and learn!
- Our own Westerly Dispatch has just implemented the Pulse Point program for Dunn's Corners and other nearby fire districts. Pulse Point uses a smart phone app to notify trained bystanders of people in need of CPR.
According to the Pulse Point website "If someone collapses and isn't breathing, people would call 911 as usual and an ambulance would be dispatched to the scene. A message would simultaneously ... (Full Story & Photos)
- Message from retired Providence Fire Chief George Farrell:
The Rhode Island Hospice Veterans Partnership will be holding a screening of "Honor Flight" the movie at the Warwick Showcase cinema on May 23, 2013 at 6:30 PM. The tickets are free to the public with any donations made going the RI Fire Chiefs Honor Flight program.
Please follow the link below to the site which should provide you ... (Full Story)
- Message from Retired Warwick Deputy Fire Chief Steve Hay:
To all our friends and family
Please help the South Kingstown Elks Lodge 1899 sell our remaining tickets/challenge coins to raise money for the Honor Flight Program. Honor Flight is a National program with the Rhode Island Hub being run through the RI Association of Fire Chiefs. Both organizations are 501 (c) 3. For ... (Full Story)