INTERESTED APPLICANTS PLEASE SEND RESUMES TO firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Type: Part Time (8-10 hours per week, flexible Monday-Friday schedule)
Location: Westerly, RI
Starting pay is $14-15/hr.
The Dunn's Corners Fire Department has a part time opening for a committed, hardworking, detail-oriented professional to provide secretarial and administrative support to the Fire Department.
The incumbent will provide administrative support to the Fire Chief and Fire Marshall. Other responsibilities include
timekeeping/payroll, accounts payable and receivable, fire incident record keeping and state reporting, providing walk-in and telephone customer service to the public, other duties as assigned.
This position is responsible for a wide variety of general clerical support including by not limited to:
• answering telephone calls
• composing emails, reports, and documents
• maintaining calendars, scheduling meetings or appointments for Chief and/or Fire Marshall
• data entry Firehouse Software: run reports, equipment maintenance records, property records, etc.
• filing, creating, maintaining, and distributing office documents
• notices/memos to department officers
• opening and directing of mail
• mail out of bill and/or UPS/FedEx Packages
• collect walk-in tax payments and answer general questions
• setup inspections and plan reviews for fire marshals
• pay bills as assigned by Chief
• maintain and track invoices
• any other projects as assigned by Chief or Fire Marshal
• High school graduation or equivalent supplemented by two (2) year of administrative support and/or customer service experience.
• Prefer 3-5 years of administrative experience
• Excellent oral and written communication skills to provide superior customer service are critical. Proficient computer skills should include e-mail, internet/web, electronic record keeping, database activity, Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and other software programs.
• The ability to maintain strict confidentiality is also required
• Knowledge of:
o records management and basic accounting practices
o budgeting practices and processes
o inventory control
o Business writing and report preparation, and spreadsheet applications
• Ability to:
o Perform multiple tasks while responding to interruptions
o Type at a speed necessary for successful job performance
o Learn and utilize various software applications
o learn department policies, procedures, organization and operations
o compile and maintain documents, reports and records
o respond to requests and inquiries from the general public, understand and carry out oral and written directions
o communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
o establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
DCFD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics