HOPE TO SEE EVERYONE ALONG THE PARADE ROUTE. HERE ARE THE PARADE DETAILS FOR THOSE FOLLOWING ALONG
Annual Karl E. Kenyon
SMOKEY BEAR PARADE
Thursday, July 16th at 5:00 PM
The parade will kick off sharply on Thursday, July 16th at 5:00 PM from the Westerly Walmart. Residents from all towns are invited to join us along the parade route, shown below.
One of our communities’ annual traditions is to hold this parade to remember Karl E. Kenyon, former Deputy Chief of Dunn’s Corners Fire. In addition, to spread fire prevention materials and knowledge to those families in our communities. Of course, we like to make a little noise and show off our lights whenever we can!
COVID Virus Note- The parade will NOT be stopping at the designated stops as done in years past to help maintain social distancing in our community. Instead we are encouraging groups of no greater than 15 people, spread out along our parade route to see Smokey and all the Fire & EMS apparatus.
Parade Route and approximate time below:
Westerly @ 5 pm
• Route 1 South past DCFD Station #1
• Right onto Old Post Road after Applebee’s, Left onto Memory Lane
• Left onto Route 1 North
• Right onto Argyle Drive, Left onto Wildflower Drive, Left onto Urso Drive, Right onto Stuart Street, Left onto Simms Street
• Right onto Route 1 North
Charlestown @5:20 pm
• West Beach Road, Left onto Sea Breeze Avenue, Left onto Midland Road, Right onto Overlook Avenue, Left onto Each Beach, Right onto Route 1 North
Charlestown @5.45 pm
• Right onto Old Post Road (passing Cross Mills Fire Department on right), Right onto Matunuck School House Road, Right onto Charlestown Beach Road, Turn around in Charlestown Beach Parking Lot, Left onto Matunck School Road Road, Right onto Old Post Road, Left onto Falcone Lane, Route 1 North to 1st turnaround to go Route 1 South
Westerly @ 6:30 pm
• Cross over Route 1 onto Shore Road, Right onto Noyes Neck Road, Right onto Knowles Avenue, Straight onto Atlantic Avenue, Right onto Crandall Avenue (past Misquamicut Fire District),
Westerly @ 7 pm
Left onto Shore Road, Left onto Ocean View Highway, Right onto Ninigret Avenue, Left onto Watch Hill Road, Straight onto Bay Street, Left onto Larkin Road, Left onto Bluff Avenue (passing Ocean House on right), Right onto Westerly Road, Straight onto Watch Hill Road, Right onto Shore Road, Left onto Langworthy Road, Parade ends at Langworthy and Route 1 Intersection