|DCFD Responds to Reported Structure Fire|
|By Department Photographer Rebecca Schilke|
|January 15, 2019|
The DCFD responded to a reported structure fire called in by a 911 caller on West Beach Road. Firefighters quickily identified that the home was experiencing a significant chimney fire with severe blockage. Operations were conducted to extinguish the fire without extension into the structure.
As a friendly reminder, please ensure that you hire a chimney cleaning professional annually. Chimney flues should be inspected frequently for degradation, damage or overburning. The build-up of creosote in combination with improper maintenance can lead to a substantial fire in your home.